We will start the day with a theory session before heading out into the local hills.
During the day we will cover:
- Introduction to different maps and scales
- Introduction to basic map features and symbols
- Measurement of distance on maps
- Calculating walking time
- Use of Grid References
- Introduction to pacing and timing
- Strategies for navigating a planned route
- Compass selection and features
- Methods of relocating
- Introduction of basic use of GPS devices
At the end of the course you will be able to plan a hike in the UK Hill and Mountains and follow it with confidence.
Your tutor is a qualified Mountain Leader who has extensive experience in providing Navigation Training throughout the UK.
Felinfach, Brecon, LD3 0UE